Want a more beautiful smile like those you admire? The dentist at The Smile Designer in Spring, TX, understand the importance of a first impression, which is why she offers cosmetic dentistry.
Veneers are used to resurface an individual's teeth, especially helpful if they're damaged. The dentist removes some enamel - an irreversible process, and places the veneer, made out of thin porcelain or plastic, on the surface of the tooth.
Here are some of the conditions where veneers can really help :
- Stained or discolored teeth, teeth decayed due to poor hygiene, stained teeth due to coffee, tea, or soda, stained teeth caused by smoking or chewing tobacco.
- Mis-shapened teeth: crooked, worn or chipped teeth and irregularly shaped teeth.
Implants are typically made using a titanium post that is surgically inserted into your jaws to replace your missing tooth root. It creates stability, strength and prevents the weakening and shrinkage of your jawbone. The dentist then seals your gums and allows 3 to 6 months for osseointegration to occur. Your Dr. Idriss then re-opens the area above the titanium post, inserts a screw, places an abutment above the screw and secures a crown on top that matches the rest of your teeth.
Advantages of dental implants include:
- Restoring one tooth, a few teeth or all of your teeth.
- Restoring your bite and chewing function.
- Unlike dentures, dental implants are fixed in place and don't fall out of place.
- The dental implants can last a lifetime.
Tooth Contouring and Reshaping:
Contouring and reshaping your teeth is a simple, cosmetic procedure that will save you time and money, and can give you a more confident smile. Contouring and reshaping can help with a variety of problems:
- crooked teeth
- chipped teeth
- cracked or fractured teeth
- overlapping or crowded teeth
- pits and/or grooves in enamel on the teeth
Cosmetic dentistry is vital for improving the appearance and function of your teeth. If you would like to restore the beauty of your teeth and smile just call your Spring, TX, dentist – Dr. Maisa Idriss at The Smile Designer. 281-257-8815.