Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
A misaligned jaw that is recessed inward or protrudes outward can cause several oral health problems. Modern maxillofacial surgery involves repositioning, adding, or removing jawbones to restore the jaw muscles’ aesthetics and integrity.
What Is Maxillofacial Surgery?
If you have a serious dental emergency, you may need maxillofacial surgery in Spring, TX, to restore your oral health. For instance, if you’ve had a sports or car accident or suffered trauma to your teeth, our maxillofacial dentist may need to perform surgery to prevent complications.
Maxillofacial surgery can help repair and fix the impacted area. Our qualified dentist takes every precaution to minimize the likelihood of visible scarring and makes small incisions inside the oral cavity. Sometimes, depending on the case, we may need to make one or two small incisions on the face.
What Problems Does a Maxillofacial Surgeon Treat?
While oral surgeons perform tooth extractions and place dental implants, maxillofacial surgeons offer specialized expertise. Maxillofacial surgery procedures near you may include:
- Temporomandibular jaw surgery (to treat TMD problems)
- Reconstructive surgery for facial or oral trauma
- Corrective jaw surgery for trauma or cosmetic reasons
- Corrective facial surgery to restore the integrity of facial muscles
What Are the Benefits of Maxillofacial Surgery?
Maxillofacial surgery at The Smile Designer of Spring can help patients experience a dramatic improvement in aesthetics and functionalities. A misaligned jaw often leads to misaligned teeth, which can create problems with chewing and speaking.
- Successful maxillofacial surgery can ease headaches and pain in the jaw
- Corrective jaw surgery can help patients enjoy restful sleep as a misaligned jaw can force us to breathe from the mouth
- Patients can chew and speak comfortably and confidently after surgery
- A maxillofacial surgeon treats facial or jaw bone injuries and restores your smile
Our experienced maxillofacial dentist in Spring, TX, also treats facial and oral lacerations, knocked-out teeth, fractured jaw and facial bones in the cheek, nose, and eye socket.
If you’re suffering from oral trauma or want to explore cosmetic jaw alignment surgery, please contact The Smile Designer of Spring for a consultation.